I Am: 40 Reasons to Trust God {book review}

 
Recently the kids and I have had the opportunity to spend our morning devotional time with a wonderful children's book from Thomas Nelson called "I Am:  40 Reasons to Trust God", by Diane Stortz.  In this children's devotional you'll learn 40 of the many different names, or titles, the Bible uses for God, starting with Genesis and ending in Revelations. 
 
Each devotion begins with a name, or title, of God such as "I Am", followed by a story based on the bible - which in this example of "I Am" is Moses and the burning bush (Exodus 3-4).  Following the short story is a quick devotion explaining what the bible story means.  Next is "little extras" that tell where else you can learn more in the bible on the same topic, and a little prayer is also given for you and your child to say together.
 
The illustrations are just simply delightful.  They are bright, colorful, and realistic.
I would recommend this for anyone looking for a great family devotional for small children, ages 4-8.
 
Title:  I Am:  40 Reasons to Trust God
Author:  Diane Stortz
ISBN:  9780529120663
Price:  16.99 (USD)
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson
Publication Date:  Feb 2, 2016
Pages:  224
 
 
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...