Favorite Winter Books


Now that the snow is finally starting to get serious this season, I thought it'd be fun to share our most favorite children's winter books.



What happens with snowmen once you fall asleep?  This book will let us in on the mischief snowmen get into.  My 8 year old thought the story and illustrations were hysterical.














Millions of Snowflakes is a sweet counting book for toddlers and preschoolers.  This was always a favorite with my 2/3 year olds.  I got it out again this year for my (now) 3 year old and his big sister came running over, "Oh!  I remember this book!"












Snow, by P.D. Eastman, is a classic beginning reader.   This was a favorite when I was a girl and I now own a copy to pass on the story of the fun snow play these siblings get into.














The Snowy Day, by Ezra Jack Keats is a story of a little boy that sets out for adventure in the newly fallen snow. 













All you Need for a Snowman is a current favorite with my 5 year old.   A poetic story of young friends gathering together to help one another build the best snowman ever.















Making a Friend, by Alison McGhee, is probably my personal favorite winter book of the bunch.  The book just captures young innocence so very much.  A boy and his beloved snowman, who has to leave him every spring.   My favorite line:  "What you love will always be with you."











What are your favorite wintertime books?




.

1 comment:

  1. Snow Bears, by Martin Waddell. We love The Snowy Day, too. I'll have to check the other ones out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...