Goals for the New Year



source

  1. To attain that goal pictured above:  I want to actually make it through the entire bible.  I never have.  Really there's no excuse. 
  2. I've always been a fan of the 3R's - reduce, reuse, recycle.  Only.... I use it backwards.  I mostly just recycle.   I want to focus more on the actual order.  We do thrift (reuse) often enough. That leaves:  Reduce.  Minimalize.
  3. Set monthly goals, reviewing weekly.  Mainly with menu planning.  This year was a disaster for home cooking and healthy eating.  Refocus.  Set goals to also correlate with our "one word" of the year.
  4. Whatever is on the iphone - it can wait.  Prioritize your time.
  5. Speaking of the iphone.  I'm ashamed I have so little actual photos from this year of my Sammy.  Put down the phone, pick up the DSLR.
I've never really could attain that one word theme, like so many do, for the new year.  However, this year, I do keep getting lead back to one word.  Okay, maybe two.  Peace.  Humble.


source
I want to seek peace.  Peace in our home.  Peace in our minds.  Peace.  Stillness.  Humbleness.
Psalm 33:1-3  "Listen to my prayer, O God. Do not hide Yourself from what I ask. Hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I have no peace, because of the voice of those who hate me and the power of the sinful. For they bring trouble upon me, and in anger they keep on having bad thoughts against me."
 Cheers.



.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I have been putting a lot of thought into our word & decided on, "intention." Then I saw a major blogger has the same word. Wah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...