Kindergarten Week 13 {LHFHG Unit 11}

We're using Heart of Dakota: Little Hearts for His Glory.

Here are some highlights from our week:

Math:

We pulled out our pumpkin puzzle from last year and assembled that.
 


For Connor's curriculum math we were talking about balancing.  We didn't have a balance scale so we used baggies filled with various pantry items and he guessed which was heavier/lighter.  He really like this.  Especially since there were marshmallows involved.  ;)


Thinking Skill/Role Play:

Connor's curriculum goes in cronological order for history.  So we were talking about Christmas {birth of Christ} a week before Thanksgiving. 

He built the manger out of blocks.


We also purchased a Playmobil Nativity Scene along with the Playmobil Three Wise Kings.  Both kids love them!!


Handwriting:

We use A Reason For Handwriting.  Usually Connor {like most kids} doesn't want to practice his handwriting.  But there's always a cute animal page on the back that we turn into a little game.  I'll read it without the first letter, "Connor!  Guana wants you to color him!", then he'll laugh, fill in the "I" and ask me to read it again.


Physical Education:

Connor begged to go on my interval training, for 5K, with me.  Since I was just beginning I agreed thinking he'd never bother me again about it.  Boy was I wrong!  He loved it.  lol.  But of course I couldn't have him with me on the longer runs so we made a bargain - he learns to ride his bike and he can come again.


Recources:
Pumpkin PreK Pack from 1+1+1=1
StickFiggy's The First Thanksgiving at Meme Tales
This Is America Charlie Brown: The Mayflower Voyagers

Linking up with:





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...