{Tot School} See and Touch

We are using Hubbard's Cupboard 2's Curriculum, adding in letters, shapes and colors. Emma is 28 months old.

Bible Memory:
Proverbs 17:22  A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Theme:
Five Senses {See and Touch}

Literature:

       

Emma loved seeing herself in her "Who's That Baby?" pooh bear book.



Art:

Emma made shapes and squiggles in a paint bag.  She loved this!  (probably mostly because little Princess hates to get dirty)  She kept saying over and over "look, Mom!!"



Hands On:

We used printable set, Five Senses Pack ($4), from Teachers pay Teachers.  Emma loves her little camera.  Several days later she's still walking around with it asking everyone to say "Cheese!".


This activity I thought would be more for big brother, but I thought I'd see if Emma liked it at all - thinking it would be way above her.  Boy was I wrong!  Girly loved reaching in and guessing then matching it to the cards.

We have a kaleidoscope, so I showed Emma how to use it and we talked about what we could see.  We also borrowed big brother's pirate telescope and binoculars.



Language Arts:

I found a free book, My Sense of Sight from Teachers pay Teachers.  I of course filled in the blank after Emma would answer what she saw.  Then, on her own, she thought she'd "copy" me and grabbed a marker.  She started coloring over the letters and saying them. 


 
 
Linking up with:
Tot School
 
 
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...