Kindergarten Week 8 {LHFHG Unit 6}

We're using Heart of Dakota: Little Hearts for His Glory.

Here are some highlights from our week:
I was recovering from a surgery (cesarean section) so Connor's Aunt did school this week.  She's working on a Master's in education so he was in good hands. ;)

However, I have little knowledge of what they did and little photos.  lol.

I do know they read everyday together.  Since I was on the couch a lot I had a nice opportunity to sneak a photo.


In turn, Connor read often to his new baby brother - teaching him about all kinds of things.  Like bears, transformers, how to be a superhero and so on.  (I'm being serious - he would actually sit and say "Ok baby brother, we're going to learn about ______".   So cute!  I was pleasantly surprised at how much Connor recalled out of our Bear book (because he doesn't actually read the book).  He was getting all the names and little facts correct!



One activity/snack Connor and his Aunt did together I do remember because I was up collecting the ingredients for them.  They were learning about dirt and Connor made a "dirt layer" snack.  Yum yum!


As always, there was plenty of role playing going on.  Connor did a lot of role playing of a doctor and surgeon - acting out helping me at the hospital.  The doctor, however, got bit by a spider and started to climb my walls.  ;)


Linking up with:






.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new baby and hope your recovery is smooth. It looks like everyone is already settling in well and Connor looks so cute reading to his new brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you'll heal quickly. Life is a blur when you have a new baby. Your son sounds super sweet, a great older brother!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...