sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

I've heard many times people tell me, "I wish I could stay home, I'd get so much done and my house would be so clean!"  No it won't.

And the not so nice, "Must be nice."  It is.  But not everyday.

Then there's the, "You're just lazy.  At least in the 'olden' days they made quilts or something to participate in the household finance."  Right.

Now.... I'm not going to turn this into yet another debate of which grass is greener on which side.  Because they're the same.  It's hard to be a working mom. 

It's also hard to be a stay at home mom.

It's hard to be a homeschooling mom.

I'm sure it's also hard to be a work at home mom.

It's not all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

This week we had a really bad day.  Everybody was in tears at least once.
 
The house was a disaster.  This is after 1 hour of solid cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming and mopping.  You couldn't even tell I did one thing.

All of us were in bad moods.  To be honest, I'm not even exactly sure why.  Full moon?  I don't know.  lol.

Then Connor found an old favorite book of his and asked me to read it.  I threw the thought of school for that day out the window and read to him.  It's one of my favorites too.




It is such a fun book.  The boy keeps trying to call his Grandma and keeps getting a wrong number, with the last being a crocodile that want to eat the boy for lunch.

This spurred role playing of a snapping crocodile (Connor) and the scared boy (played by me).   Then I remembered our CD.  This gem of a CD, I don't even remember where I got it.  But I do remember it looked cute, was $1 and I scooped it up not knowing at all what to expect, but it was only $1.

I am in awe.  I love it.  It is an amazing and fun CD. 

The gem?  This:



On amazon it is not $1.  However, it is well worth the $$, if you can find it.  The artist, Beau Young, does an amazing job capturing the 'sound' of the animals in the music.  Kids love it.  And it's not bad for us parents to listen to.  Fun for all! 

We've played it many times and have always loved it but this day...... it was icing on the cake after the book pick-me-up.

For the first time, this time, Emma participated.   I could not stop laughing.


She had just gotten done smearing milk all over my freshly mopped floor when we all hit rock bottom of our stress levels.  The CD put a smile on all our faces.  In the photo above we're all stomping around and blowing our "trunks" like elephants.


Connor's favorite (above), Crocodile fishing.  Snap snap!!


a long neck giraffe, swaying side to side.  By the time we got to the lion Emma couldn't hold herself up anymore.  lol.


We finished with gorillas then the kids were so exhausted they had to take naps.

I really need to remember to play this CD at least once a week.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...