pre-k: week 8


Character Trait:  Discerning
Bible Stories:  Daniel
go along bookHenny Penny
DVDChicken Little
Science/Social Studies theme:  Fall, Bears
Letter review:  F
B4FIAR bookWe're Going on a Bear Hunt


We read our b4fiar book, then I set up some print out story cards from homeschoolshare along with bear paw print outs from homeschool creations, then we went on a 'bear hunt'.  We did all the things from homeschool share's bear hunt lap book, one made me laugh. I asked Connor what he would like to hunt besides bears.  His answer was spiders!  Then he insisted on re-setting up our make shift bear hunt to have the spider at the end.


For math we did print outs from homeschool creations, little cute caves with numbers on them.  I had Connor count gummy bears with the print outs.

Then we made a paper bag fall tree.

I guess I forgot to mention he did all this dressed as a puppy.


He continues to love doing "See it, build it, write it".  We did his sight word "here" and also the vocabulary print outs from Homeschool Creations.

He seen our new Kumon Rhyming book and begged to start that.  I don't think he was impressed that the first page was just a review, but he did it anyways.  ;)


One of the last activities we did this week was led by Connor.  He really wanted to play our Candyland and Chutes and Ladders.  He did okay at both.  Lots of talking about not cheating and reminding what to do at each turn. 

Chutes and Ladders was maddening to play.  It took over 30 minutes because, with out fail, every time one of us reached the top we would always, ALWAYS, land on the chute that takes you down to the 2nd row.  Always.  Even Connor wanted to stop playing after about 20 minutes.

The very last photo is when I was doing dishes and both kids wanted to "help".  I remembered my mom used to give us a small dish with bubbles and a few things to "wash".  So I did that for my kiddos.  They were satisfied for about 5 minutes then moved back to their toys.  lol.  It sure was better than arguing over if they are going to play in the sink though!


an extra thing we did on the side was grab our non-fiction book on mammals and look up bears.  Connor did really well with learning watch bears eat, including panda bears, and how they eat.


Resources:
Before Five in a Row
Hubbard's Cupboard
Homeschool Creations
Confessions of a Homeschooler
Homeschool Share


 





.

1 comment:

  1. Great row!!!

    Thank you for joining the FIAR Blogroll :) I am sorry it has taken me so long to return the visit. I'm sure that we can bless each other with sharing our 'rowing' learning adventures together.

    ~Tamara
    AllofKindFamily.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...