pre-K: week 4

This week I was really looking forward to, because I planned to go blueberry picking to go along with our Blueberries For Sal book.  Only.... I couldn't find a u-pick farm for blueberries.  I did find a farm, but it was selling teeny tiny blueberries for twice the price of the grocery store.  No good.

But.  Connor had fun anyways.  I remembered the blue marbles I had bought at the dollar store, and he 'ker-plinked' those into his pail.

We talked about bears and people being afraid of each other, and how we store food vs how bears store food for the winter.

We talked of Noah and his obedience to God.  Connor made an ark craft.  Another day he floated little plastic animals in various tubs in a bowl of water.


We talked of Jesus and his obedience to God, and what that cost and what it means for us.

We talked of the 5 little monkey's and what happened when they disobeyed.  We 'performed' the story on our hands.

He creatively cut up a completed worksheet and taped it into a butterfly (his idea).


He was difficult to get interested in the more boring aspect of school this week (the worksheets and phonics).  Before I started I had decided that I wouldn't push him.  He's only 4 once.  And just that, he's only 4.  There's no award for reading and writing before Kindergarden.

Character Trait focus:  Obedient
Letter Review:  Ss
Bible Story:  Noah
b4FIAR:  Blueberries for Sal

Books Read:
Little Miss Naughty
Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
Scaredy Squirrel
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Two by Two
On Noah's Ark


Resources:
Confessions of a Homeschooler
1+1+1=1
Hubard's Cupbord
Homeschool Share
Homeschool Creations
b4fiar











.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...