Joy of Love day 2: what they look like


I've been very much wanting to share these!  The online class is on day 4 already, and I'm just now getting to uploading day 2.  I had an unexpected and unwelcome visitor.  The flu.  2 days later I'm ready to share, finally!
Connor got up in the morning, on the 2nd of Feb, and came down the stairs dressed very much like.... himself!  The sun wasn't quite up yet, it was only 7:30 am.  I was determined to photograph him though.  I wanted his photo to be just as he was. 

I have to admit I was very temped to use my flash, because this is how Connor looks, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to capture it.  I knew I'd have to use my Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens.  A lens I both love and hate.  It won't auto focus with my camera, and I stink (very bad) at manual focus.
I struggled all morning to capture a decent photo of Connor in front of the window, with the sun just barely coming up.... and in a blizzard.  Fun times.  A true challenge!  I finally moved on to Emma, and wanted to capture her, as she looks before I pick her up.  I took a very horrible and dark photo of her.  Then I realized what my problem had been all morning.  My ISO.  Duh!!  I had it set for 200.  Once I corrected that my photos were much better.

Here is Connor at 7:30ish in the morning, looking very much like the Connor I know and love. I am really loving this coloring/edit on him.


And then Emma.  I waited a little bit later in the morning for my 2nd attempt at Emma's photos and found myself laughing out loud while capturing how she looks.  I seriously couldn't choose just one, so I made a collage.

In clockwise order, starting with the 1st photo in the 1st column:  1) How she looks blowing raspberries.  2) How she looks seeing what happens when she throws her toys to the floor.  3) How she looks when she sings.  4) How she looks sticking her tongue out.  5) How she looks crinkling her nose and pushing air through it.  6) How she looks when she gets a toy in her hands.

All this happened in maybe 5 mintues.  Maybe.  Hilarious.


and two more of Connor I had taken in the early morning.  In the 2nd photo he had taken my lens cap and said he was a Pirate.  ARG!  I guess he's a swanky cowboy pirate.
.

2 comments:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with that lens, too. I am AWFUL at manual settings in low light & that lens REQUIRES it. I am DETERMINED to leanr it, though!

    I love Emma's collage & I ADORE that preset for Connor! It that the...pretty brown one?? Something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that lens autofocuses on your camera?? I get SO frustrated, because I take so long to focus it, then he or she moves and I have to start all over. GAH!

    The preset I used for Connor is here: http://www.presetsheaven.com/2011/01/16/big-pack-of-free-lightroom-presets/#more-2024 - the brown/red antique. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...