Preschool: Week 2


We survived our second week of preschool!  This one went a lot more smooth for me, in planning, but I was still putting things in order the night before each day.  It's hard to catch up when you decide to homeschool so promptly!  I do have most of next weeks plan done though.  If I could just stop changing my mind on the themes I would be set!  We're doing Tt.  I keep going back and forth on focusing on character attributes "Teachable" or "Thankful".

Connor did really well this week.  He kept talking about last week, mentioning apples frequently.  And I frequently overheard him singing A Tisket A Tasket, or Ants Go Marching. 

This week we focused on letter Ll.  I did a combination of Hubbard's Cupboard curriculum for 3's and for 4's.  Connor doesn't fit either, so I thought I'd combine them.  Then I also used Raising Rockstar's Preschool.

We started out the week doing a fun activity I found on Family Fun



I really wanted Connor to have something he could relate to and something he loved, so for his big letter cut out I made him "Little Joe."  We read the story in his Veggie Tales bible storybook and then watched the the DVD: VeggieTales - The Ballad of Little Joe



I would share the link where I printed off Little Joe's eyes and mouth, but the website nearly caused my computer to get a virus, and I don't want to pass that on to anyone else. 

The next day I read him the real story of Joseph, and we made Joseph's colorful coat.  I know, I'm lame in my coat shape cutting abilities, but Connor didn't seem to mind. 


From Homeschool Share I printed out this page that Connor painted. Once dried we pull off the masking tape to reveal the "L".  I loved his painting and didn't want to cut it, so I took a photo before "destroying" his artwork.  lol.



Our new Calendar wall.  Added cork board I found at Walmart and then pinned up the "daily's" from Raising Rockstars Preschool Lesson "L"



Last week I found Valentines stamps at the dollar store.  I cut out a cross and let Connor stamp them on.  Only then did I realize just how fitting those stamps were.  ;)



On a different day he stamped L and l with a Lego.



Connor needs lots of cutting practice, so I printed out a Ladybug cutting piece from Confessions of a Homeschooler's blog.


We also, from that blog, did the Llama activity and the Ladybug Craft.  Here is the Ladybug craft:
preschool for Firefighters


Yet more cutting practice:




After taping it together he pretended it was the train from Toy Story 3.



making a face with big ears to "Listen"



His Llama craft.



Matching big L to little l



Today Connor's My First Book Of Cutting (Kumon Workbooks) came in the mail.  I was eager for him to start more practice. 



He didn't to too bad, after I re-explained that he should stop cutting at the end of the line. 




Patterns is something he struggles with.  So I was trying to get in some good practice to no avail.  (print out also from Confessions of a Homeschooler)  So I started to sing them out to him.  "High.... Low...." even using the appropriate pitch.  And by 'appropriate' I mean I sang the word high in a high voice, then low word in a low voice.  I do not promise it was in tune. But he got it!!  So I sang the next set and he would purposely mess up so he could hear me make a "bad" noise.. a honk.  haaa!



His painted candle for the end of the lesson with Rockstar Preschool, "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good work and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:16"



My favorite of the week:
I caught Connor reading to Emma while I made lunch. 



 




.

3 comments:

  1. Love your post and your blog picture at the top....very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how inspiring this is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i would have had time to do this with the girls !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...