finding myself again

For 15 solid days I've spent nearly every spare moment researching homeschooling, or planning a curriculum.  It's been exhausting.  I need to find a balance so I don't lose myself.  I fear throwing myself to far into this program and into schooling Connor that when it's over I won't know what to do with myself.  I don't want to hit a depression thinking my life is now worthless, I have nothing to do.  So, I'm trying to make a point to find a balance somewhere.

While Connor was doing his free play (always very interesting) I grabbed my camera and took a photo I've been meaning to take for weeks now.  It felt so nice.


I took it to complete my Day 23 of 30 Days of Me Photo Challenge.  This 30 days is lasting for-ever.  haha.

The prompt is: Post a photo of your favorite book. Write down a favorite paragraph. Why did you choose this paragraph? How has this book influenced your life?

This would be my favorite book.  My bible.  I bought it way way back in the day, when I was young and carefree.  When I was a teen.  Ok, so it hasn't been that long.  Maybe.  But anyways, these words have gotten me through some tough times.

It has been there all these years... like 5 years.  ;) 

Sometimes I'm embarrassed by it, because it's a "student" bible.  My first.  I feel like maybe I should buy a "grown-up" bible.  But I love it.  It explains things I wouldn't otherwise understand.  It's in plain English. 

I certainly can't pick one favorite paragraph.  But, so far, my favorite book has been Romans. 

BWS tips button




.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're making sure to make time for you. As Moms, I think we all lose sight of ourselves & what makes us happy & dont set aside time for our intrests. Which is important! I want Collin to see me as my own person & not just Mama. Loved the photo. I still don't have my own Bible. Greg & I share one. I've been eyeballing one at my church bookstore, though. I'm hoping for Valentine's Day he will get it for me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I have been eyeballing different bibles online. Even if I did get a new one, I'm not sure I could get rid of this one. There are ones that come with even more "extra" info than this one, and I'd love to read the extra's. I need so much help! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...