Day Twenty Two: Post a photo of something you wish you were better at. Why do you want to be better at this particular thing? What can you do now to help yourself in being better?


July 2010


I wish I were a better mom. 

I never envisioned being a mom was so hard.  I always thought to myself (before having kids) "I'll never yell".  "I'll always have make time to play".  "I'll raise my kids to be good Christians".  "I'll be a good example".  "I'll give lots of hugs and kisses".  "I'll never spank".  "I'll always make nutritious meals".

So far all I've accomplished in that short list is lots of hugs and kisses.

I want to be Super Mom, and I want it to be easy.  Is that too much to ask for?? =p

When I was a teenager I actually wrote notes to myself, in the future.  "Notes to myself when I'm a mom".  I think I need to re-visit those notes.


BWS tips button





.

3 comments:

  1. I will try to make this clear, But honestly even though I don't know you personally or IRL.... I have Gotten to know you and not only you but your family.... You & Holly are amazing both of you are AMAZING mom's and I admire you both...

    I have to say as for rasing children in a Good Christian home, this is one of the most challenging and difficult things we can do as a parent but it is also a very rewarding and encouraging process. Take it from someon who has struggled with there faith for a really long time up until the very recent and I mean extreamly recent few days.... Some very exciting things have resulted in what happened to me last week and GOD is pulling me, pushing me and encouraging me back to him through many very supprotive people. Having not grown up in a Christian home, I realized I don't want that for my daughter, and I have amazingly supprotive people God has placed in my life to lead me to him... You and Holly are two people who inspire me daily so I want you to know while removed in alot of ways. We connect through a commom Faith. And I can say I will after reading your entry, pray daily for your family as you continue on your journey to raise Conner and Emma. It is just a little peice of support I can give and the best support possible.. God is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you are an amazing mom, you have more patience that I ever did, you spent time with the kids, play with them, take them to church, fix them healthy meals....what more could they want? Don't be so hard on yourself, no one is perfect...oh there are those few that might think they are.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your mothering & strive to be like you. I think you're doing alright. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...