30 Days of Me Photo Challenge: Day 26

BWS tips button

Day Twenty Six:
Post a photo of someone/something that means a lot to you. Why does this item/person mean so much? Tell me the story behind the item & if it's a person, tell me your favorite story about them.


my Prince Charming
 This was so hard for me to choose just one item.  I have at least 3 things that I would be greatly upset to lose, yet I struggle to not give items so much weight.

One item I took a picture of, but I'm afraid to share it because if my family may disown me if they find out I'm the owner of this heirloom.  Or they may rob my house.  (kidding!)  I hope.  lol.

Another is a Hummel figure that was my Grandma's.

But this one (pictured above) is my own.  I was a teen/young adult, and had the typical emo-ish emotions that come along with that.  Thinking my "life" was never going to start.  (because apparently I thought life didn't truly begin or become interesting until marriage).  I felt like a loser because I never had a boyfriend yet and felt like I'd never find "the one".  My Prince Charming.  Ohh if only I could go back and give myself a good "wake up" shake.  It's kind of embarrassing to admit I felt this way.  But I did.  ha!

My mom bought me this, I think on Valentine's Day.  I've kept it ever since.  It's survived two attempts of homicide, by our cat.  It's chipped, and the crown is glued on, but I still keep it.  My first Prince Charming.

I like the acronym that goes with it, also.  F.R.O.G.  Forever Rely on God.  If only I knew that and did that back then.  Would have saved so many silly tears.  lol.




.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Especially the foreshadowing of it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...