30 Days of Me Photo Challenge: Day 24

Day Twenty Four: Post a photo of something you wish you could change. Can you still change it? What about this would you change & why?



There are countless things I would change.  But we don't all photograph those things.  I do, however, have this photograph of something I would change. 

5 years later and it still upsets me.  We still occasionally talk about it.  Yes, Pyrex, if you are listening reading, I still talk about it, 5 years later, and it's not a good review. 

We were poor.  Wait, we still are.  Ok, so we were "ramen noodles for dinner" poor, back then.  We "splurged" on this dinner.  It cost us $20 for the chicken, cheese and broccoli.  And that is all we could afford to put in it.  Plus I was using a recipe from The Best of Cooking with 3 Ingredients, because well.... we were poor.

The food was all fresh, not frozen. The dish was freshly made, not cold. 

We're sitting there minding our own business when we heard an explosion.  Our poor man's dinner was ruined.  I was so hungry I seriously considered eating it anyways.  $20 gone and in the trash.  $20 is a whole lot when you're on a ramen noodle diet.

I think I sat down and cried.  Then laughed. Then cried some more.

Pyrex is supposed to be able to go from freezer to oven, is it not?  Yet our new casserole dish can't even make it from counter top to oven.  Not impressed Pyrex, not impressed.

So, if I could change this evening, I would take my $20 and buy a decent take-out meal and forget about my Pyrex dish.  And then I would write a 'note to future self' that it won't just be a one time fluke.  Yes, it's happened again.  And again, I'd like to say, not impressed Pyrex, not impressed.

BWS tips button





.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...