Merry Christmas!

I have been SO busy scrambling to get things clean and in order before Christmas, deciding on where we're going for Christmas, and dealing with a sick baby girl.  She is still battling a cough, 2 weeks later.  We're taking her back to the doctor after the holidays.  Her cough keeps waking her up and something needs to be done.  I am happy that the doc says her lungs sound fine though.  But still.  I worry.

I have tons of photos and stories to share, but so little time.  So before we head out I will share one quick thing.

This isn't my idea, I got it from a magazine, or somewhere.  I can't remember.  But I wanted to share for others that haven't seen it before. 

If you're like me you hate all the waste of Christmas.  Wrapping paper (which at least can be composted), bags... loads and loads of plastic gift bags.  Twisty ties.  Tape.  And so on.  I save all the bags, and some tissue papers, and ribbons to be used later.  Can't recycle it, but I can re-use it right!?

But what if you could make a bag that's almost entirely compostable or recyclable?  I'm in!

You save a cardboard box, and cut of the top flaps.


Then you take this box and wrap it.  Tuck in the wrapping paper at the top of the box, tape it down.  Then you punch holes where string, yarn or ribbon can go.  It'd probably look even better if you punch two holes each side like a "traditional" gift bag.  But, I only punched one on each side.


Is it cute or what!?  The ribbon I had saved from a baby blanket I bought for Emma before she was born.  I was going to use it for scrapbooking, but it works perfect for this too. 

A totally eco-friendly gift bag!  Well, besides the tape.  I suppose I could have used glue.  As an added plus, this gift box is much more sturdy than the plastic gift bags!

It looks even cuter with the tissue paper sticking out of the top, but I didn't take a final photo. 

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I seen that somewhere before, too!!! I love the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...