30 Days of Me Photo Challenge: Day Nineteen

Day Nineteen: Post a photo of someone close to you who has passed. Write a letter to them.


January 1998

I miss my Grandpa everyday.  I think of him often.  I have many regrets.  I have many happy memories that I cherish.

One of my biggest regrets is this:  I lived one mile down the road from my Grandpa.  I drove by his house almost daily.  I rarely stopped.   I was too caught up in my teen/young adult life.  I loved him, don't get me wrong.  I just always chose to visit with my friends instead.

I won't be doing this challenge, in that, I won't be writing a letter to him.  I don't feel it's appropriate, and doesn't serve a purpose.  If I wrote a letter to him, it would be private.  To him.  Not whomever reads my blog.

However, I will write a letter.  I will write a letter to everyone else that does have a Grandparent here on this Earth.  I have two particular people in mind when I write this, but it should apply to everyone.

Dear _____,

Grandpa will not always be here.  You are never too busy to visit your Grandpa.  Your friends and girlfriend/boyfriend will still be here when he is gone.  There will always be parties to attend.  You can skip them.  You should remember that he gets lonely too.  He can't just up and visit friends, as he sees fit, for most are gone or in homes.  He loves you.  He wants to see you.  Take the time now to visit, before he is gone.

When he asks for help, it's because he needs help.  Yes, he's also helping you and tying to guide you in life, but really, it's because he needs help.  Besides, Grandpa is wise.  Welcome his guidance.

Visit.  Even if for one hour a week.  Visit.  Sit and get to know your Grandpa.  Cherish the little time you have left, for that time will not always be there.

Love always,
Debbie


BWS tips button

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...