30 Days of Me: Day Nine and Day Ten

Day Nine: Post a photo of the person who has gotten you through the most.

Day Ten: Post a photo of the person you do the most crazy/silly things with.

not Gumby or Pokey, but their owner

Now, before you go thinking I talk to inanimate objects to get through my bad days.... well, ok, so maybe I do sometimes... but that's a different story.... anyways, Gumby and Pokey aren't my top choice.  Their owner is.  Or ex-owner I should say.  They have now moved on to the landfill, poor things.  How cruel.  Maybe I should re-think who I go to in my troubled moments?  Barbie's line in "Toy Story 3" is coming to mind:  "I can't believe she'd just throw me away!"

Anyways.  To get back on topic.  For privacy sake I don't want to post a picture of my bestest friend, and also, more importantly, because I haven't asked her permission to post a picture.  So, for now, Gumby and Pokey will do as stand ins. 

The subject of both Day 9 and Day 10 happen to be of the same person.  So in order to save my blog from becoming a two day shrine to Angie, I'm combining them.

Angie has been there for every major event in my life, from the bad to the good.  She's seen me at my worst, and she has seen me.... well..... I don't know that I've hit my best yet.

She is the one person I can call and expect good honest advice from.  The one person not afraid to tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear, and all with a gentle heart.  She never talks down to me, talks angry.  She has a knack for saying what is needed, and gracefully.  For that reason she is the person I go to first when I am troubled.  She knows the difference from 'I need advice' and 'I need to vent'.  And the most important:  she doesn't judge me.  I can tell her anything.  While she may not always approve, she has always loved me and accepted me.

As for the silliness..... the one and only person I can ever be truly myself around while remaining comfortable... Angie.  Hands down.

I mean... how many of you would spend your New Year's Eve outside building and naming a snow head, and loving every second of it?  Well, we would, and we did!  Now, a lot of people would think that is lame, or boring or maybe stupid.  Not us.  (Keep in mind we are silly, not wild).  We both have the same humor, and that's what makes our friendship so great. 
 

we even gave him hair
 
We got many odd looks from her parents.  I mean... here we were, 20 years old, acting.... well.... younger than our age.  A lot younger.  It's as if we check "maturity" at the door when we get together.  But, don't get me wrong.  We can be serious too.  For example, we are very serious about our chocolate.

Then, when we get on Skype we can't just talk like normal people.  No.  The conversation is not complete until we turn on the features that make our eyes bug out, or or chin hang down.  Then we laugh.  And that is how it always is with Angie.  We laugh.  A lot of times we laugh until we cry.  We have fun.  We can laugh at each other and ourselves and all the while remaining embarrassment free.  Well, embarrassment free of each other.  I think sometimes others are embarrassed for us.  haha. 


BWS tips button

2 comments:

  1. LOL, you almost had me crying remembering the old days! We sure have had a lot of good times and good talks over the years. Love you Deb, you're the best friend anyone could ask for :D

    ~Angie the awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds awesome! A lot like Maria! I think SHE hsould write a guest blog for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...