30 Days of Me: Day Six

Day Six: Post a photo of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day. Why did you choose this person? What do you admire most about their life? What can you do to make your life more fulfilling?

my little Mad Hatter
This challenge was particularly hard for me.  How do you chose just one person to trade places with!?  First I thought of Kate Middleton.  Not because I swoon over Prince William.  I'm curious how it would be to a Princess bride.  Is it really all that Disney makes it to be?  I'm sure not.  They're just an average couple.  And by average I mean human.

Sure, I could go the route of..... say.... Johnny Depp's girlfriend.  Wait, did I say that out loud?

Then I was thinking how cool it would be to be a singer, like Norah Jones.  To have that voice!  Or maybe a dancer.  Or maybe I could pick to be rich. 

Then I thought, the most I'd be curious on would be the one person that hurts my feelings the most.  Gosh, to understand that person!  What in the world did I do or say to deserve such treatment!?  I would love for some insight.  I would love to understand why this person is this way.  I'm a people pleaser.  I'm sensitive.  I really can't understand how I can't provoke such anger in a person.  Understanding this person would give me so much more compassion I think.

Next I thought of a person I also won't name, for privacy sake.  Someone I greatly admire.  This person has had the kind of life we dream about - in our nightmares.  To hear what he heard, to see what he heard, to endure what he endured.... and in the end..... he has the kind of faith that puts me to shame.  Very humbling.

Thinking of his faith brought me to my own and to this: 
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.”  Proverbs 3:5-6
In the end... I don't want to trade places with anyone, even for a day.  Not because my life is so superbly awesome and I think we're the bee's knees, but because I am on the path I am supposed to be on, and I am who I am supposed to be.  That, and because I love my kids just that much.  If I traded places I would have to give up my kids.  No can do.

But for the sake of the challenge, I chose my son, Connor.  I would love to see me, through his eyes.  Where can I improve?  How can I be the best mommy to him?  What am I doing wrong, and what am I doing right?  I would love to have those answers. 

I would love to see the world for one more day, through the eyes of a child, and not just any kid, but this kid.  This child has so much character!  He doesn't care that most of the world doesn't wear top hats, and certainly not every day all day long and never with neon green rubber boots.  To be so carefree!  To be so full of life!  To see everything so brand new again, and so magical.  What a treat that all would be.


BWS tips button

1 comment:

  1. I thought about Collin! Hahaha! We are SO much alike!

    It woulld be so cool to trade places with our kids for a day. ESPECIALLY Connor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...